From Comment section in https://www.moonofalabama.org/2024/03/deterrence-by-savagery.html#more

The savagery is a losing card. By playing it the US and the West are undercutting every ideological, normative and institutional modality of legitimacy and influence. It is a sign that they couldn't even win militarily, as Hamas, Ansarallah and Hezbollah have won by surviving and waging strategies of denial and guerilla warfare. Israeli objectives have not been realized, and the US looks more isolated and extreme than ever. It won't be forgotten and there are now alternatives.

sábado, 18 de março de 2023

TRAINS AND BOATS AND PLANES - BURT BACHARACH


Trains and boats and planes are passing by They mean a trip to Paris or Rome To someone else but not for me The trains and the boats and planes Took you away, away from me We were so in love, and high above We had a star to wish upon wish And dreams come true, but not for me The trains and the boats and planes Took you away, away from me Trains and boats and planes took you a way But every time I see them I pray And if my prayers can cross the sea The trains and the boats and planes Will bring you back, back home to me

 Uma singela homenagem ao grande compositor de música popular que se extinguiu, neste mundo.

A sua associação com Dionne Warwick  deu um manancial de grandes canções interpretadas por uma grande interprete.

Sem comentários: